WHERE TO EAT IN SEATTLE—2/3: Porchlight Coffee & Records
Written on April 23, 2016
Next up is Porchlight Coffee & Records on Capitol Hill. I love this place for multiple reasons:
1) The guy manning the counter was so incredibly sweet. He seemed genuinely interested in what we were up to, where we were from, how we were enjoying the city, etc. Although his friendliness wasn't anything overly unfathomable, it definitely enhanced and made our experience at Porchlight a memorable one.
2) A fusion of vinyl and coffee? How could you go wrong!?
3) They offer more than just coffee drinks! For all of those over 21, you can purchase local craft beer/other alcoholic beverages. They serve various gourmet sodas and drinks too — I got a delicious sparkling apple juice. Also, they're well known for their cold brew (which they offer bottles, glasses, and growlers of).
4) Stunningly minimalistic, modern, and artistic/creative aesthetic.
5) They sell beautifully designed mugs, totes, t-shirts, notecards, etc. (as pictured above)
6) It's an incredibly warm and inviting atmosphere overall.
In search of a local coffee shop on Seattle's Capitol Hill that's welcoming, photogenic, creatively stimulating, and a uniquely warm environment overall? Well, I think I've got you covered.
Porchlight Coffee & Records
1517 14th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122